The Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture Department kicks off its 2012 summer outdoor cinema series this Wednesday, June 13, with Hugo at Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive. Then on June 16, the Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department hosts a “boat-in” movie at Ramsey Creek Park, where spectators can watch the movie from the park or from the water. Boaters can receive the movie audio feed via radio. See the complete schedule of movies below.
All movies are free and open to the public. They are shown on an inflatable “blimp screen,” and weather permitting, begin at dusk (around 8:30 p.m.). Refreshments are available for purchase, and viewers are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Movie dates and times are subject to change due to weather. If the weather seems questionable the night of a movie, call PARC’s weather hotline at 704-896-2460, ext. 290.
Here’s the movie schedule:
- June 13: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Hugo
- June 16: Ramsey Creek Park, 18441 Nantz Road, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- June 27: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Jack and Jill
- July 11: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Dolphin Tale
- July 21: Smithville Park, 19710 S. Ferry Street, The Adventures of Tintin
- July 25: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Zookeeper
- Aug. 8: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
- Aug. 22: Kenton Place, 17115 Kenton Drive, Journey 2:The Mysterious Island
- Aug. 25: Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Avenue, Soul Surfer