If there was a person whom you wanted to befriend, what would you do to create and nurture that relationship? Call once in a while, set a date to meet. Do fun things together, plan a trip, be a good listener.
What makes you a good friend to others? You might want to ask your closest friends that question. Then turn around and ask yourself if you are doing those things for you.
- Maybe we treat other people better than we treat ourselves.
- Maybe their needs are more important than our own.
- Maybe we would tell them how important they were to us.
- Maybe we would buy them gifts.
- Maybe we would be accepting and love them unconditionally.
- Maybe we would listen and not judge them.
Is it possible that you deserve the same? Consider that it is a gift to take care of yourself.
Today I become my own best friend. I treat myself with respect as I honor who I am. I speak warm loving words to myself.