By JONATHAN COX
Samantha Marshall is trying to cope with the loss of her possessions in a fire that destroyed most of her Bailey Road home Wednesday. While struggling to deal with the tragedy, she said she has been encouraged by the generosity of neighbors and friends, who have banded together to help her family by raising funds or donating clothes and supplies.
On Thursday, Marshall was at her sister’s coffee shop, Charlie’s Coffeehouse, just a block from the burned-out condo. She said she felt Cornelius was a close-knit community after moving here 2 1/2 years ago, but she still is surprised by people’s generosity after the fire.
“It’s ridiculous; people I don’t even know are dropping off money and gift cards,” she said. Read the full story